Friday, April 9, 2010

Grooming Habits of Birds




With warmer weather, these City Peacocks can now come outside for their social interactions and community grooming habits. (Cold weather usually keeps them closer to their protective aviary habitats known as the Host Clubs.)

Note how they perch on available branches in groups. Rarely are they seen alone. Also note the group activity of preening. Not only do they groom themselves, but they assist fellow flock members.

As the weather becomes more pleasant with each passing day, I anticipate even more small groupings of these adorable creatures - each displaying their feathered head proudly, adorned with various colorful accessories and colorful appendages - all in effort to attract the female of the species.

I must admit, I do have some branches of cherry blossoms in my apartment - I wonder if I should also get one of these as well....I DO like pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment